Member Since: July 2018
Company: Skelton law
Power Group: Law/Finance
Contact Number: 707-492-8081
- Public Speaking
Douglas C. Skelton, Criminal Defense & DUI Attorney
Doug Skelton of Skelton Law is a criminal defense and DUI attorney based in Napa. Doug built his own practice after starting his career with the Napa County Public Defender’s Office. After gaining invaluable experience as a deputy public defender, Doug dreamed of using those skills to build his own law practice. Recognizing the need for an effective and energetic young defense attorney in the community, the plan to create Skelton Law had sprung.
The philosophy of Skelton Law is simple: to provide high quality and effective legal representation to clients charged with crimes. With honesty and accessibility as its cornerstone, our goal is to provide a refreshing alternative to the stereotypical, out-of-touch criminal defense lawyer. Using the latest software and technology, we strive to keep our practice ahead of the curve. Having an established credibility and reputation in the community, Doug gets results—either by working out a great resolution to your case or taking it to jury trial. Doug takes pride in putting clients at ease and counseling them every step of the way.
Doug lives in Napa with his wife, son, and rambunctious yellow Labrador named Sochi. Doug enjoys cycling and supporting his local independent bookstore by purchasing more books than he could ever read in a lifetime. He is a rabid fan of the San Francisco Giants and still awaits Manager Bruce Bochy’s call every year on draft day.
MEMBER 10 QUESTIONS
- How long have you been a BNI member? Since July 2018
- What has BNI done for you? BNI has helped me to grow my business and to develop lasting and meaningful professional relationships
- Why did you join BNI? To spend more time outside of the courtroom and office and to network with other local professionals
- What does your company do? We represent individuals charged with crimes, with a speciality in DUI defense
- What is your job title? Attorney/Owner of Skelton Law
- What does your role entail, in a nutshell? Representing clients in court and defending them against criminal charges in Napa & Solano Superior Court
- Why did you decide to take that direction? Because it’s so much more fun than a desk job or representing a corporation
- How do you help your community? I help people find alternatives to a life of alcoholism and addiction
- What are your hobbies or activities of interest? Cycling and reading books with my wife and son
- What is your key to success? Persistence and kindness