Member Since: August 2016
Company: Computer Engineering Group (CEG)
Profession: IT Services
Power Group: Business-to-Business
Contact Number: 707-257-9702
- Windows Small Business Server 2003, 2008 and 2011, Wind
ows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 Standard/Enterprise
Microsoft Services / Applications Including: Exchange Server, ActiveSync, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, VPN
Windows 2000 – 10 & Mac OSX
Microsoft Office Professional, XP – 2016 including Visio & Project
Office 365 & Hosted Services
Dell, HP and Lenovo Computers, Servers
CAT 6, 5e & 5 termination with RJ45s, keystone jacks & patch panels
HP, Cisco, Ubiquiti Wireless Access Points & Controllers
SonicWall, Juniper, HP ProCurve / Aruba & Cisco Networking Equipment
Apple, Android & Windows-Based Tablets & Operating Systems
Backup Exec, MozyPro & Acronis
Dylan started working with computers in 1995 when his father gave him a computer running Windows 3.0, and he was told to “figure it out” if he wanted to play video games. This resulted in a lifelong interest in the technology field that eventually lead to the position of Network Assistant at New Technology High School in 2006. In 2007 he became aware of an internship that was required by New Tech and began looking for an opportunity to intern in the technology field. In February of 2008, he had to the fortune to walk into Valley Tech Solutions and they granted an internship. After the fifty hour requirement the school had set forth, Dylan continued to intern at Valley Tech until November of the same year when he was offered a part-time, paid position along with a friend of his. For the next three years Dylan moved through every position in the company until in 2011 the position of Network Engineer opened in 2011. After starting the Network Engineer in 2011, Dylan became the Manager of the business in 2013. He stayed in this position until the end of 2014 when he moved on to new business opportunities. He came onboard with Computer Engineering Group in the beginning of 2015 and was quickly promoted to IT Project Manager, which he was until the end of 2016 when he was promoted to Director of Information Technology. This position allowed him to work on the business development side of IT Consulting companies and still fills this role to this day.
MEMBER 10 QUESTIONS
- How long have you been a BNI member?Just under a year.
- What has BNI done for you? Allowed us new marketing and growth opportunities.
- Why did you join BNI?For new marketing and growth opportunities as well as to build community connections.
- What does your company do?IT Consulting and Service, Computer Repair and Mobile Device Repair
- What is your job title?Director of Information Technology
- What does your role entail, in a nutshell? Tier 3 Technical Support, Project Engineering, Business Development, Marketing and Sales, company vision and long-term planning
- Why did you decide to take that direction? Business and information technology have been an interest of mine my whole life.
- How do you help your community?We work with several non-profits pro-bono or at heavily discounted rates.
- What are your hobbies or activities of interest? Reading, hiking and spending time in town with friends.
- What is your key to success? Never taking it to heart when someone tells me that I can’t do something and a drive to accomplish something great.